20 September 2015

Week 1 (Don't Sit There)

I have some important lessons to share.

1. It is a toastie, not a grilled cheese (not to worry-they are even better).
2. Tim Hortons does not exist here, and neither does a $2 coffee.
3. Hayfever...I am pretty sure that my re-appearing cough and sore throat might be a product of the vegetation outside my window and all the stuff in the air. Luckily, allergy pills are easy to get and hopefully my body will grow accustomed soon.
4. I miss the seasons changing and bubble baths. A lot.
5. The strength club is slightly offensive, heaps of fun, and extremely helpful. I am really grateful to be a part of it.
6. Red wine!! Wine!! (but glasses are breakable-when you are tipsy, plastic is always a good idea!) I feel like I've missed out because no one in my family likes wine, so I have some catching up to do.
7. Studying is real.... But it's even better when you're studying something interesting and you are passionate about it.
8. Public speaking is everywhere (and I am a little bit excited about that)! I joined a class on persuasive writing and speaking, as well as a public speaking workshop, and next Tuesday I am going to check out Toastmasters. (thanks Anne and Richard for inspiring me!)
9. It is totally acceptable to spend your time between classes on your deck studying in your bikini. After all, this is Australia.

10. Lastly, don't sit there. At least before you look. If you live in Res, be advised that wearing shoes is not optional, especially late at night and early in the morning. You never know what kind of mess you may encounter....

Also, bugs. They exist and they really seem to like toilet seats.



10. Bond is a great place to be. People are kind and friendly, and there is every resource you could ever desire. They really want you to succeed and give you the tools to do so.

Cheers, K


No comments:

Post a Comment